- This is a website I found while looking for Connor McDavid’s contract. Here’s what I did to make sure it was true. It is difficult to see, but it states McDavid’s new contract as 8-year, $12.5 million average.
2. Next I checked the source by finding it’s wikipedia page It did not have information about the specific website, which was slightly concerning but included some of their articles.
3. I then checked snopes.com to see if there were any articles of it being fake.
Snopes came up with no evidence or articles about it, which leads me to believe it’s not a popular search. That’s probably a good sign on a fact check site, meaning that people don’t doubt that information.
4. Having limited sources, I searched up “Connor McDavid fake contract”, and nothing came up. I wanted to verify by checking other reliable sources and the websites were all verified by google, stating the exact same facts as the original. This included the NHL website.
5. To conclude, I found an article from a trusted news source, CBC, which wrapped up my doubts about this news.