Your “About Me Page” on your Edublog is likely to become one of the most useful and popular pages on your blog. It is where new readers visit to learn more about you and why they should stick around or revisit. It’s all about you. As you get more comfortable with it, its an opportunity to express who you are, share the things you like to do. This page will grow change as you do! Here are some ideas to get you started. Please refer to the safe blogging tips, to ensure you protect yourself and others online. Make sure you delete the instructions as you create your page.
*Create a heading or title for each of the tasks provided below*
1) What is Your Favorite Quote: Find your favorite quote, or one that is meaningful to you. Copy and paste it or type it into your page. Explain why you chose it and remember to record who said it!
One of my favourite quotes is : “Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.” – Charles Swindoll
This quote always stood out to me because we all deal with our own problems however, how we deal with them or react to them could have a big impact on our lives. The impact either being a negative one or a positive one. This quote just reminds me to think about my actions and how I can benefit from the situation.
2) What is Your Favorite YouTube Clip: Find your favorite YouTube clip, copy the embed code, and paste it in the HTML portion of your post, this will embed your video. Explain why you chose it.
For more detailed information about how to embed click here.
I chose this video because I love playing volleyball and every time I watch these videos, it inspires me to get better and play,and improve my skills. It also shows me to have fun and enjoy playing my favourite sport.
3) Find a Picture that has Impacted You: Find a picture that you like, dislike, has inspired you or is meaningful to you for some reason. Embed the picture into your page and explain why you chose this picture
This is my older sister Anastasia. We have always been really close. She graduated high school this past June, and when we received these photos it made me realize how fast time had gone by as well as how proud I was of her. I look up to her and seeing her success has been really inspiring to me.
For more detailed information how to insert images click here
4) What is Your Favorite Website: Create a hyperlink to your favorite website. Explain why you chose this site.
I love using WordReference because it is like a dictionary and bescherelle in one on your phone. I use it all the time when i’m writing in french. It is really useful and helps me out a lot.
For more detailed information how to create a hyperlink click here.
- The History or Your Birthday:Click on this link click here, enter your birthday…then be amazed by all the cool things that have happened in history on your day! Write about a couple of events you found out about, that took place on your birthday.
- On July 20th, 1969, Niel Armstrong as well as Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin became the very first men to walk on the moon.
- The spacecraft “Viking” landed on Mars on July 20th, 1976, and had started to collect soil samples.
- Create a wordle about yourself: click here, begin creating a wordle about you. Do not use your last name or any identifying features. Simply, enter a list of 10-15 words that you think describe you e.g caring, intense, and words the describe your hobbies and things you like to do. Once you have created the wordle, click on the link download to SVG, copy the URL and insert it in your blog post. Once in your blog post, go to the HTML section and adjust the height and width to make it fit your page.