1) Add a Quote: “When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine” Ed Lester. I chose this because i think its a very good quote to live by because when you sad make it happy no matter how. Also it teaches you that even though school can be dry you can try and make it fun.
2) Add a Video:
I chose this video because its an inspiring video which applies to school and sports for me, because its easy to make excuses for failure and this inspires me to try and to better in school and sports, because excuses just let you take the easy way out and you don’t learn anything from your excuses
This picture represents that you should be yourself even if it means you’re different from the rest, also it shows that within the crowd you can be different and rise above the rest and be the best version of yourself.
4) Add a Hyperlink: Hyperlink I chose this hyperlink because word reference has helped me a lot with writing in french and English, with translating words or finding and expanding my vocabulary.
Customize – Tasks
1) Blog Theme: You are going to personalize your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes, located on the left hand side of the screen. Choose a theme that is mobile friendly, and apply it.
For more detailed information how to customize your blog’s Appearance and Theme click here.
2) Blog Appearance: You are going to personalize the appearance of your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize, located on the left hand side of the screen.
a) Site Identity – This is where you can edit the title of your blog. Please choose an appropriate title, that does not have both your first and last name in it. You can also edit your tagline. Your tagline is a very short sentence that gives the viewer a snapshot.
b) Colors – Edit the color scheme of your blog.
c) Header Image – This is where you can add and change the picture that is being used in your header.
d) Background Image – This is where you can adjust your background image.
e) Menus – You can create multiple menu structures. For simplicity, lets stick to 1. Make sure you select Menu Location -> Primary Menu -> About Me. Then click Save. This will ensure your menu stays the same, even after adjusting the theme.
f) Widgets – Locate and see all the widgets on your blog.
g) Static Front Page – Front Home Page Display is set to -> Static Page and Front Page is set to -> About Me
Optional – Your First Post: You are now going to create your very first post. At the top of the Dashboard -> New -> Posts.
2) Body – This is where you place your content of the post – text, videos, pictures, etc. Write a short paragraph about what you are excited about for this upcoming year at Dr. Charles Best. What are some things you want to get involved with? How will you become a part of the Blue Devil community?
3) Tool Bar – In your toolbar you can Add Media and Add Documents into your posts, this is the best way to create visual representations. You can also change fonts, hyperlink, etc.
4) Publish – Here is where you control what items are public and private. You can also control when they are published to your website.
5) Categories – Here is where you choose where you want your post to go. This is your digital binder with all of your subjects. Categorize -> Portfolio.
6) Tags – Here is where you create tags, these tags can help you find things quicker on your blog and help you stay organised. Tag -> Portfolio.
7) Publish – When you are done! Publish it.