Your About Me Page….is all about you. As you get more comfortable with it, it is an opportunity to express who you are, and share the things you like to do. But more so, this is where you can share your growth and experiences at Dr. Charles Best.
About Me Page
my name is Tomis Marinkovic, im 14 years old, I have two sisters that are younger then me, I like to play sports like Hockey, Lacrosse and Rugby. I play all sports very competivitley and I have Hockey pretty much every day after or before school. I dont nescisarly like school but I think its good to learn and I like learning certain subjects.
About Me Page – Tasks
1) Add a Quote: “you miss 100% of the shots you dont take” Wayne Gretzky. This quote means a lot to me because I love the game hockey and this is a good quote because its if you always take your shots at least you have a chance of scoring but if you don’t shoot you will never score.
2) Add a Video: https://youtu.be/bv8LXx-UTDY
For more detailed information about how to embed click here
3) Add a Picture: https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=AB40F439EF208276E887118F2DA60AE77BFB10EA&thid=OIP.HMGTIYmutjsJKUaAOmHirwHaFS&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fimagesvc.timeincapp.com%2Fv3%2Ffan%2Fimage%3Furl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Foilonwhyte.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F955722486.jpeg%26amp%3B&exph=2287&expw=3200&q=connor+mcdavid&selectedindex=27&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=1,2,6
For more detailed information how to insert images click here
4) Add a Hyperlink: Twitch.tv/Ydarb521
For more detailed information how to create a hyperlink click here
Customize – Tasks
1) Blog Theme: You are going to personalize your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Themes, located on the left hand side of the screen. Choose a theme that is mobile friendly, and apply it.
For more detailed information how to customize your blog’s Appearance and Theme click here.
2) Blog Appearance: You are going to personalize the appearance of your blog. From your Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize, located on the left hand side of the screen.
a) Site Identity – This is where you can edit the title of your blog. Please choose an appropriate title, that does not have both your first and last name in it. You can also edit your tagline. Your tagline is a very short sentence that gives the viewer a snapshot.
b) Colors – Edit the color scheme of your blog.
c) Header Image – This is where you can add and change the picture that is being used in your header.
d) Background Image – This is where you can adjust your background image.
e) Menus – You can create multiple menu structures. For simplicity, lets stick to 1. Make sure you select Menu Location -> Primary Menu -> About Me. Then click Save. This will ensure your menu stays the same, even after adjusting the theme.
f) Widgets – Locate and see all the widgets on your blog.
g) Static Front Page – Front Home Page Display is set to -> Static Page and Front Page is set to -> About Me
Optional – Your First Post: You are now going to create your very first post. At the top of the Dashboard -> New -> Posts.
2) Body – This is where you place your content of the post – text, videos, pictures, etc. Write a short paragraph about what you are excited about for this upcoming year at Dr. Charles Best. What are some things you want to get involved with? How will you become a part of the Blue Devil community?
3) Tool Bar – In your toolbar you can Add Media and Add Documents into your posts, this is the best way to create visual representations. You can also change fonts, hyperlink, etc.
4) Publish – Here is where you control what items are public and private. You can also control when they are published to your website.
5) Categories – Here is where you choose where you want your post to go. This is your digital binder with all of your subjects. Categorize -> Portfolio.
6) Tags – Here is where you create tags, these tags can help you find things quicker on your blog and help you stay organised. Tag -> Portfolio.
7) Publish – When you are done! Publish it.