The skills I have are Problem Solving & Critical Thinking, Teamwork & Working in Diverse Environments, and Enthusiasm & Attitude.
In the activities, I used my critical thinking ability to help untie the knot. I used my teamwork ability by working with others to undo the knot, and I used enthusiasm and attitude because I was enthusiastic during the activity.
I would like to develop my time management skills. I can do that by being more motivated to do the things I don’t like to get them over with, and by keeping myself accountable.
I would also like to develop my Ability to accept criticism and feedback, as I can sometimes become defensive instead of accepting feedback. I can do this by taking a step back from my work and looking at it as if it were someone else’s, and by working on accepting that my work is never perfect and that it can always be improved.
The assignment that I’m the most proud of this year, was a video that I did for English. Now, technically, this project did include digital literacy, but it was for English class, so it doesn’t count. For this project, we had to create a video of a scene from the book The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie. For this project, I shot and edited all of the scenes, and I am very proud of the final product. It took me hours of editing to reach a point at which I was happy with the video. I am very happy with how it turned out; although there may be some slight issues with the video (length of certain scenes, quality of videos, etc.) I am still very proud of the final product.
Ok, so BASICALLY, each room has its own switch, and two LED’s. The entire lighting circuit (not including the Christmas tree) is running off one 9 volt battery. The entire circuit is in the back of the bunker, making it a giant mess, and there is one switch that controls the entire circuit in the back, as well as a control light that doesn’t work if the entire circuit is not working
Reflection: I believe that I did fairly well on this project, although using a proto board or some other board would have helped a lot in the building process, because we just soldered wires together. This made the organisation of the project much harder, and ended up taking more time to set up the lights in the bunker. I demonstrated strengths in the communication competency, because for some parts of the circuit, I had to explain to my partner what was happening, and how we would build it. I can further develop the communication competency by communicating more when I work on projects. I demonstrated growth in the thinking competency, when I thought of the circuit we intended to build. I can further develop this competency, by planning ahead more, so that I run into less obstacles along the way.
This is the definition of personal social competencies straight off the curriculum website
Personal and Social – Personal and social competency is the set of abilities that relate to students’ identity in the world, both as individuals and as members of their community and society. Personal and social competency encompasses the abilities students need to thrive as individuals, to understand and care about themselves and others, and to find and achieve their purposes in the world.
Basically, that’s way too deep for me, and I don’t think I developed this competency at all while I worked on this project.
This is the schematic I drew for this circuit. Each parallel circuit is one room. So, the entire circuit is powered by one battery. I did this because it is more efficient to have one circuit for the entire bunker, instead of using 4 separate batteries per circuit, it is also easier to control, because it’s all one circuit, I can have a master switch to toggle the entire circuit, instead of using each separate switch in each room. I don’t have pictures of Nick and I building the circuit and the bunker, so I’ll just explain what happened. When we were building the circuit, we ran into a couple problems. Firstly, we decided to build it without a circuit board, so it was fairly difficult to get all the wires soldered together in parallel bundles, but once we did that it was fairly simple. We ran into a couple connection problems with the LED’s and the two bundles connecting all the parallel LED’s together, but those problems were solved pretty quickly. Originally, the plan was to have two LED’s in each room, and to have a switch to switch between both LED’s, but that plan quickly changed when we decided we wanted a switch in each room, thereby making it impossible to switch between LED’s and also have them controlled by the switch in that room. Therefore, we decided to have a switch in each room instead of being able to switch between both LED’s in each room. My plans for tomorrow are to install the sequencer in the bunker, and add the doorbell as well.