Science House project-2

On May 2nd, 2018, my group and I decided to get our materials for the physical house and circuits we’re going to make. We first got a hold of Christmas lights. Unfortunately, not all the lights in Ms. Galuska’s box were functioning well–therefore we needed to test a few and use those that functioned well. We also shortened the wires of each Christmas light so that each wire will be the even size.
The second thing my group and I’ve accomplished was constructing our house out of cardboard. We didn’t finish the whole house, however, we started making adjustments in the box itself. My goal for the next class is to actually start building the circuits.

Box *House in the process*:

Shortened Xmas lights:

May 3rd, 2019
Today my group and I actually got to build a circuit. However, before actually building our first circuit we’ve finished the structure of our house and we collected our materials. The first circuit we decided to make was the circuit for the bedroom because its circuit is a series circuit. A series circuit is less complex to make, therefore, for our first time, it was best for us to start with an easy circuit.
To make the series circuit we tried attaching the wires of the battery snap with the Christmas lights with hot glue. Unfortunately, when we connected the battery with the battery snap, the Christmas lights didn’t light up. Honestly what’s worse?–because I don’t know!
However, the best part of today’s process was actually making our circuit light up successfully. What my group and I decided to do was restart. Instead of gluing the wires together, we decided to twist them together. Luckily, the lightbulbs ended up working which makes our circuit successful!!! My goal for the next class is to finish up building the other circuits.

Updated cardboard house:

Gluing process:

Successful Circuit!:

5/7/19

On the 4th day of preparing our Circuits, my team and I’ve got to successfully finish 2 of our other circuits (Livingroom and Kitchen), leaving us with only 1 more circuit to build.
The room that our finished circuits belong to are: Bedroom, Livingroom and Kitchen.
Today we’ve also discovered that we could indeed use a glue gun to secure the wires only. The technique we have used was twisting the wires and then glue gunning that spot of tied wires for good support. Some of the wires’ ends didn’t have enough metal wire–therefore we had to strip them ourselves with the help of scissors. My goal for the next class is to improve our house and finish the circuits.

Kitchen:

Livingroom:

Bedroom:

Full house:

Stripping wires with scissors:

May 8th, 2019

On the last day of making the project, we added final touches to the house and we’ve finished building our bathroom circuit. Luckily, the circuit didn’t take too long to make. Another thing we did was measure the current of each circuit with an ammeter. What we had to do was connect to wires to the ammeter and the circuit to measure the current.
Lastly, we’ve made a video of our house tour!

Updated House:

Bathroom circuit:

Bathroom circuit current (ammeter measurement):

Living room circuit current (ammeter measurement):

Bedroom circuit current (ammeter measurement):

Kitchen circuit current (ammeter measurement):

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *