Day 1: Only ideas were generated on this day. My partner and I were thinking of what kind of energy-saving device we should make. For the entire class, we thought of many ideas, but all of them were only for convenience and most of them were very bizarre. For example, buzzer on cars to kick you off and make you ride the bus; when the car gets too hot, mini fan auto turns on and when the temperature cools down, the fan stops. At last, we thought of a dynamic light sensor where when the switch is flipped, the lights auto adjusts itself to the right brightness according to the dimness of the room.
Day 2: This day we tried out our ideas. We started to program our microbit, we tried out many functions on the microbit programming website, and made the first attempt. However, when we connect the microbit, it didn’t work as expected. The LED was flashing and the LED turned off when it was supposed to be on. Apparently, we have messed up the program and turned the whole process upside down. The LED was supposed to be on when the room was dark but instead, it stayed on when the room was bright. Only that process took us the entire block and our first work out was a disaster.
Day 3: Our third day which is the last in-class work block was shortened because of a power-out that morning. we hurried and tried to make out the best plan. At the end of the block, we programmed the microbit so it can turn on and off based on the brightness, but it’s not dynamic, and we couldn’t fix that. We didn’t get the best of what we needed but we tried our best.