- Review the Employability Skills listed, describe the skills you currently have and how you used them in the activities.
A. Teamwork and working in diverse environments:
- We had to use teamwork to unknot ourselves by thinking as a whole team, and not as individuals. It was a different environment than usual, so we used teamwork to solve things in a diverse environment.
C. Interpersonal Communication
- I talked with my group to discuss how we could unknot ourselves, and make a plan of action, as well as a good strategy.
D. Work Ethic:
- Being responsible in the human knot
- I took responsibility and didn’t get distracted
E. Problem-solving and critical thinking:
- Thinking how we could unknot ourselves in the human knot quickly
- Solving the problem if we couldn’t find a way to untangle ourselves, by finding a different solution
H. Ability to accept and integrate criticism and feedback:
- I said I was a pessimist, and I accepted feedback that I should try to be more optimistic
I. Flexibility and Adaptability:
- Being in an awkward hand-holding situation and being able to get out of it
2. Discuss the skills that you would like to work on and what you can do to improve or practice them so that you are employable in the future.
- I’ll try to be less pessimistic and more optimistic in the future so my skills are more useful so that I can be more employable. I can learn how to take feedback better and actually listen to and use/apply the feedback. My enthusiasm and attitude could also improve.
- I can work on my bad time management skills. For example, we were the last group to unknot ourselves (we didn’t even finish), so I think I can work on my time management skills to be more employable in the future. I can improve by stopping my procrastinating.
- I can improve my professionalism by taking things more seriously and having a professional outlook on different things. It would help for me to just think more seriously and realistically without overthinking things.