a. The main message was that White society treated Indian society bad to the point where the Indian society started turning on each other
b. The outcome is racism can affect people in bad ways. The emotions that were so supposed to come out is awareness. Trying to get people to be aware of racism could help a bunch.
c. People could get confused by the conflict in this message.
d. The video gives you a visual of what happened, it also shows you the message in many different ways. You could think of any outcome that could happen.
e. The video is ineffective in the ways of everyone will have their own opinion of what happens or the message. Not everyone thinks the same so they could be controversies of the message from the video.
f. No, I think a video is the best way to present. It gives a better visual presentation that we can examine better than looking at a poster.
Our assignment was to recreate one scene from the novel: The Absolute True Diary of a part-time Indian. Our scene was when Arnold ran away from Rowdy but unluckily bumps into the Andruss Brothers. Arnold gets teased and hurt with his encounter with the Andruss Brothers.
Andruss Brothers- Jonah, Laith, Oliver
This is our bedroom. We decided to make it on the top floor because this room will only be used for sleeping.
This is our bathroom. We also decided to put in on the top floor next to the room.
The top part is the living room and the bottom part is the kitchen. We connected these rooms together because these were the rooms you would be in the most.
This is the view from above the house.
This is the circuits we made.
Think- Me and my partner each planned what we had to do. We both worked on the sketch which made us both happy about how it turned out. I got to decide what rooms i got to make and he decided what rooms he got to wired. We each brought something to help us construct our project.
Make- We both worked on our project together. We constructed a box with circuits. We cut our box to make it smaller, we taped the wires together, just overall it was kinda fun. The thing that was very frustrating about this project was the light bulbs. It was hard to find the right bulbs because some didn’t work because they were burned out. So we tested out a lot of light bulbs to see if they worked and eventually we found the perfect amount for our project. With the wiring it took us some time to figure out how to perfectly get them to touch and tape them together, We had a lot of test and had to redo each time we had a mistake. In our project we had two parallel circuits and one series.
Improve- Me and my partner had a lot of problems that happened to us. My partner was sick on the day of drafting but I worked alone on my part of the design. Later I sent him my part so he could finish his and we talked on how he should do it. So even when he wasn’t there we could still talk to each other online. During the building we gave suggestions on what to do and we focused on one thing at a time. Also if our battery didn’t work we tried another. If a bulb didn’t work we tried another. If nothing worked out we asked our science teacher to help us and our teacher helped us a lot.
We chose to make the kitchen and the living room in a parallel circuit because instead of turning both rooms on you can close one light however the other light will still be on. You also almost spend most of your time in rather those two rooms.
We chose to make the bathroom in a series circuit because the bathroom is a small place and doesn’t need to be connected to another room. You won’t use this place a lot so it’s better to use a series circuit for just one room.
We chose to make the master bedroom parallel so we can change the lightning in this room. With the switches you can stop some bulbs and change the lightness of the room. You can change it to make it bright or dim. Also it saves a lot of energy.