My group members and I thought about ideas that could save energy. We went through the process of cancelling out anything that wouldn’t save energy or help the planet in any way. As we continued to think about ideas, we collaborated and shared plans together and brainstormed possible energy saving systems.
We continued to think, and research about the topic. It was slightly hard to have an idea that wasn’t already being used in the class, so we had to think outside the box. We started thinking about lighting, and how a lot of time we waste electrical energy by leaving our lights on. So, after we talked a bit regarding this idea and how it could be useful, we decided to start thinking about how the system would work.
We started figuring out how this would work and determined that it would work. We had to think about possible problems and what would be the obstacles in creating this project. At this point, our goal was to be able to have a sensor that went off if light was left on for more than 10 minutes. It seemed easy enough, but we still had lots of work to do.
We started using the codes and the functions to make our project. Using forever (Light sensor to analog read pin 01) and making up stuff that would work.
We thought about alternatives and ways we thought we might be able to improve on the project.
We were almost at finishing product, but we worked to find some other pieces of the project that would improve it.
We were all finished and had a micro-bit that told us when the light was for more than 10 minutes and vibrated to notify us.