Your “About Me Page” on your Edublog is likely to become one of the most useful and popular pages on your blog. It is where new readers visit to learn more about you and why they should stick around or revisit. It’s all about you. As you get more comfortable with it, its an opportunity to express who you are, share the things you like to do. This page will grow change as you do! Here are some ideas to get you started. Please refer to the safe blogging tips, to ensure you protect yourself and others online. Make sure you delete the instructions as you create your page.
*Create a heading or title for each of the tasks provided below*
1) What is Your Favorite Quote: Find your favorite quote, or one that is meaningful to you. Copy and paste it or type it into your page. Explain why you chose it and remember to record who said it!
My favourite quote, is one that has been said by Ganesh Barad, “Results happen over time, not overnight. Work hard, stay consistent, and be patient.” This is my favourite quote because I know many people that would feel discouraged if they had a goal in mind, and didn’t get results right away. This quote reminds us, that we don’t have to rush things, and if we keep up our hard work and be consistent, our results will come in the end. I think this quote can help many people feel courage, after failure.
2) What is Your Favorite YouTube Clip: Find your favorite YouTube clip, copy the embed code, and paste it in the HTML portion of your post, this will embed your video. Explain why you chose it.
For more detailed information about how to embed click here.
This is a clip from youtube, where two of my favourite martial artists, are performing their creative pattern at a tournament. This is my favourite clip from youtube because taekwondo is my favourite sport and I’m very dedicated when it comes to this sport, so I like to watch this and learn different ways to improve my skill. I am also working on creating my own creative right now, so I use this as inspiration for moves, to move onto the next belt promotion.
3) Find a Picture that has Impacted You: Find a picture that you like, dislike, has inspired you or is meaningful to you for some reason. Embed the picture into you page and explain why you chose this picture.
For more detailed information how to insert images click here.
My favourite picture, is a picture of me, my grand father and my dog, just a couple months before the two of them passed away. I like this picture a lot because, since they both passed when I was two years old, I don’t have much memory of either of them. This picture helps bring back some good memories spent together and it makes me feel better about not remembering much about them.
4) What is Your Favorite Website: Create a hyperlink to your favorite website. Explain why you chose this site.
For more detailed information how to create a hyperlink click here.
4Ocean is my favourite website because it is a fundraiser going towards a great cause. If you open this website and purchase a bracelet, the workers of 4Ocean, will remove one pound of plastic and garbage out of the oceans and other bodies of water. This website is helping the oceans and world so much and I think we need to spread awareness about this website and many other fundraising websites to help clean, and save our earth.
- The History or Your Birthday:Click on this link click here, enter your birthday…then be amazed by all the cool things that have happened in history on your day! Write about a couple of events you found out about, that took place on your birthday.
- Create a wordle about yourself: click here, begin creating a wordle about you. Do not use your last name or any identifying features. Simply, enter a list of 10-15 words that you think describe you e.g caring, intense, and words the describe your hobbies and things you like to do. Once you have created the wordle, click on the link download to SVG, copy the URL and insert it in your blog post. Once in your blog post, go to the HTML section and adjust the height and width to make it fit your page.